Edinburgh Circle Of Magic
The Edinburgh Circle of Magic was formed in 1923. The founder members were James Patrick, Alan Jamieson, W. Scott, Robert Sellers, Hugh Mackay, Robert Adams and W Adams.
Little is known of the club other than that membership was restricted to nine members. The club had no President, Secretary or any other officers. The members paid neither a membership fee nor a nightly fee, and the club had no library.
Two of the members are of special interest to magicians. These were Alan Jamieson who was a highly respected collector and Hugh Mackay who was highly regarded as a magical author.
There are no records of when the club closed its doors but Hugh Mackay and Allan Jamieson were members of the Council of Nine 1929.
Magical Observer Volume 1 number 3 August 1923
Magical Observer Volume 1 number 6 December 1923
Magical Observer Volume 2 number 8 Febuary 1925
Magical Observer Volume 2 number 12 May 1925
A Rich Cabinet of Magical Curiosities by Eddie Dawes in the Magical Circular 1987inx 1924 page